OBTAINING INDIAN VISA
Types of visa which are issued by the government of India are:
- Business visa
- Conference visa
- Diplomatic visa
- Employment visa
- Emergency visa
- Entry visa
- Journalist visa
- Medical visa
- Missionary visa
- Permit to re-enter within two months
- Research visa
- Student visa
- Tourist visa
- Transit visa
- Intern visa
- Film visa
Who require Indian visa?
All individuals who desire to visit India will require national passport with visa endorsement obtained from an Indian Mission or post abroad.
How to apply?
For obtaining the visa endorsement the individuals have to apply online. The signed physical copy of the application form after successful online submission is to be submitted to Indian Visa Application Centre. The physical application can also be submitted directly to Indian Post / Mission on the scheduled date of interview. All requisite documents must accompany the application form for obtaining visa for India.
Who are eligible for India tourist visa?
- International travelers with the following purposes: sight seeing, recreation, visit for meeting friends and relatives, casual business visit and medical treatment for short duration.
- International travelers having valid passport with minimum validity of six months from the date entry to India. The passport must have minimum two blank pages for endorsement stamps etc.
- International traveler should have the return ticket along with sufficient money for meeting his expenditure during his stay in India.
- Pakistani passport holders have to apply for regular visa at Indian Mission.
Who are not eligible for visa?
- Diplomatic passport holders and official passport holders
- Individuals who are not having their own separate passport / or having parent/spouse endorsement.
- International travel document holders
- Scanned 1st page of passport
- Digital Photograph: Format –JPEG; Size –Min. 10 KB Max 1 MB; Height and width of the photograph must be equal; Full face/ Front view/ Eyes open; Background should be white or plain light color; No shadow on face or on the background; No border.
1. The applicants have to apply in the online mode four days in advance from the date of entry to India.
2. Front facing photograph of the applicant with white background along with photo pages of the passport which contain the details such as name, nationality, date of birth, expiry date of the passport etc are to be uploaded along with the application form.
3. The applicants have to carry with them the copy of e tourist visa at the time of arrival.
4. Biometric details will be captured on arrival by the immigration officials.
5. Visa will be valid for a period of 30 days from the date of entry to the country.
6. eTV is valid through the following airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Tiruchirapally, Trivandrum and Varanasi.
7. Exit can be through any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts in India.
8. eTV visas are for single entry, non-convertible and non-extendable.