(T) ~ 0044 208 090 4339 / (M) - 0044 778 265 6582    info@visasrus.co.uk

Document Checklist
Please always bring the original plus one copy of all documents mentioned below. Please note that incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Application Form :
please fill this application form before attending the appointment (Click here to fill up the online application form)

  • Please ensure you fill in your details exactly as they appear in your passport and pay particular attention to question number 18 which refers to your UK visa
  • The form will have six pages, and there are three places for the applicant to sign
  • Also bring (do not fix to the form) a colour photo (see links on the right hand side for further information on passport photos)

Declaration forms:

  • Applicants holding passports in the following list need to fill in this declaration form.
  • Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Burundi, Dem. Rep. of Congo, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan (diplomatic passport only),, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestinian travel document holders, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen


  • Must have two blank visa pages
  • Valid for at least three months beyond the expiry date of the visa.
  • Please note that only passports that have been issued (not extended!) during the past ten years can be endorsed with a visa. If your passport was issued longer than 10 years ago, please apply for a new passport at your Embassy.
  • [Please note, holders of Cameroon passports issued before 2006 will also need to provide their Cameroon national identity card.]
  • [Travel documents issued by the UK should be issued for a minimum of 5 years]

NOTE – passport, UK visa and residence permit must be valid for 3 months beyond the return date of your scheduled trip.
Evidence of sufficient funds:
To support yourself during your entire stay

  • The minimum requirement is £50 per day of travel, plus enough to cover any outstanding accommodation or travel fees.
  • Please note that cash is not acceptable proof.
  • Acceptable proof is:
    • Three month’s recent bank statements (including transactions) from a UK or German account only, with apositive balance or
    • Traveller’s cheques.
  • If you are financially supported by your spouse/adult child (for example if you do not work yourself), please also provide:
    • The marriage/birth certificate (and certified translation if required), original and copy
    • Your spouse/child’s passport, original and copy
    • Their bank statements (see requirements above).
  • If you are financially supported by anyone else, they will need to get a formal Declaration of Obligation (‘Verpflichtungserklärung’) to support this, and you will need to provide the original and copy for your application. This document can be obtained from the German consulate, or, if in Germany, their local town hall authority (‘Ausländerbehörde’).

Return tickets:
to and from Schengen region

  • Must be confirmed and in applicant’s name
  • Can include: flight, train, coach or ferry

Accommodation –
every night in the Schengen region should be accounted for by:

  • Confirmed hotel booking, in the applicant’s name, covering all your stay in the Schengen countries.
  • If staying with a friend please see requirements for a visitor visa:
  • If planning to take overnight transportation, you must provide confirmed seat reservations, in applicants name, for the specific journey showing departure and arrival locations and times

Travel insurance must:

  • Be valid for all member states of the Schengen region, for all days of the trip
  • Cover a minimum of £20,000 (provide policy summary to verify this)
  • Should be issued in UK or Germany.
  • Acceptable travel insurance is available here and also at the visa application centre in London

Evidence of occupation/student status, i.e. an original, recent, signed letter from your UK employer / school / university on official letterhead

  • If you are self-employed, a letter from a solicitor/accountant verifying your self-employment.
  • If you work for a family, your most recent P60 along with employment letter.
  • If you are receiving benefits/pensions, the HMRC benefit/pension letter is required.
  • If you do not work (i.e. you are a housewife/husband), please provide your spouse’s employment letter, passport and marriage certificate (and certified translation if required), original and copy.
  • Please note that last 3 months payslips can also be accepted in place of a letter from employer.

Additional documents may be required in every case.
Please note where it is specified original documents are required, photocopies of the same must also be provided.
Children under 18 years of age must also provide:

  • A separate application form for each child
        • If you are self-employed, a letter from a solicitor/accountant verifying your self-employment.

    Application must be signed by both parents (missing signature to be explained attaching a letter of consent by the absent parent and certified copy of passport)

      Applicants above 16 must sign their own form and declarations
  • Original birth certificate (and certified translation, if required) of each child and copy
  • Original passports from both parents and copies of information pages
  • A letter of consent from both parents authorising them to travel and stay in a Schengen country and appointing the person who will be responsible for them.
  • In the case where one parent has sole custody or a residence order for the child, documents verifying this, certified translations if necessary and copies are required

Application submission by representation:
Now applicants can have their applications submitted by representation by filling the Power Of Attorney.
Applicants will take full responsibility for the representative holding this document.Without this document, applicants must be present to apply.
All supporting documents must be dated within one month (30 days) of application date

For British / EU Spouse.
Payment for £115 by cash or cheque or Banktransfer to ‘European Bound Ltd’.

Official Embassy + Visa centre fees Our service fee Total all fees
00.00 + £55 £60 £115

For other nationals.
Payment for £165 by cash or cheque or Banktransfer to ‘European Bound Ltd’.

Official Embassy + Visa centre fees Our service fee Total all fees
£55 + £50 £60 £165


Monday - Friday (9.30 am - 6.00 pm)
Empire House Business Centre,
Suite no. 224, 1 Empire Way,
Wembley, HA9 0EW

T - 0044 208 090 4339/ M - 0044 778 265 6582

Saturdays - (10.00 am - 15.00 pm)
11 Laburnum Court, Collapit Close,
North Harrow, HA1 4YD.

T - 0044 208 090 4339 / M - 0044 778 265 6582


Follow Us


Owing to the Schengen agreement of 1985 among major EU countries along with some other non-EU countries, obtaining Germany visa has become well organized and simple. The Schengen agreement has made the countries within the agreement, borderless so far as traveling to the different countries by the countries under the agreement is concerned. This has become advantageous for the non-Schenegen countries also as they are now able to travel all the Schengen countries with the single Schengen visa. So with the Schengen agreement all the border control among the Schengen countries has been abolished allowing free accesses to the citizens of the Schengen countries which include Germany.

Visit to the countries allowed by Schengen visa

The list of the countries to which visit is allowed with Schengen visa are:

  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Luxemburg
  • Malta
  • Netherland
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Liechtenstein

As an exception to the rule some countries are allowed free access to the Schengen countries in spite of the fact that they are not part of the Schengen agreement. All other countries have to obtain Schengen visa for gaining access to the Schengen countries. With Schengen visa the travelers can stay in Germany for a maximum period of 90 days. You are not entitled for getting any job during this stay even if the job is of free lance type.

Types of Schengen visas

  • Schengen tourist visa
  • Business visa
  • Studying & Language Learning visa
  • Working visa
  • Transit visa
  • Guest scientist visa
  • Training / Internship visa
  • Trade fair & Exhibition visa
  • Medical treatment visa

Requirements of Germany visa

The Schengen visa is considered as a unified document. But still the requirements may differ from countries to countries within the Schengen countries. Germany is considered to be quite conservative in this aspect and hence quite demanding to the visa applicants. It will be wise to fulfill meticulously all the details demanded by the authorities lest your application gets rejected causing dismay.

1. The passport must be valid for a minimum period of six months as on the date of entry to the country.

2. Two photographs are required. The requirements of photographs are:

  • The face must take 70 to 80 % of the photograph
  • Corresponding to the height requirement of 32 to 36 mm, in case the face measurement falls below 27 mm or above 40 mm, the photograph will get rejected.
  • The photograph should have only one face; no other object or person is acceptable on the photograph
  • The photograph should not have any shadow on the face or in the background
  • The background should be medium grey for faces and hairs which are light coloured. For darker face as well as hairs the background should be light grey

3. Return ticket within the duration planned

4. Travel health insurance

Other requirements may be obtained from the embassy.

Get a Call Back!

Fill the form below to get a Call back

Your Name *
Your Email *
Your Message